Guidance and support when it’s needed most.
A hospital visit can be stressful for all members of your family. The Spiritual Care and Support team at The Hospitals of Providence offers the guidance and emotional support to get you through times of uncertainty. From comforting words and prayers to helping you heal in both body and soul, we’re here for whatever you need.
The Spiritual Care team consists of:
Lay Volunteer Spiritual Caregivers
- Individuals with deep faithful hearts who have undergone extensive training in hospital ministry
- Can connect you with other helpful support resources and information
- 24-hour non-denominational assistance in providing spiritual support, including contacting local members of your religious organization
- Grounded in a variety of religious traditions, and trained to respect all faiths
- Provide assistance with anxiety, stress, conflict with family members, grief and loss, plus any feelings of guilt, discouragement, confusion, helplessness
[Insert Image of Chapel]
Arranging Your Visit
Upon request, sacraments and other resources of a patient’s individual faith can be made available. To arrange a religious caregiver visit, please notify your nurse or contact:
Spiritual Care Department
8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday through Friday
Find a place of comfort at the chapel at the University Campus, Sierra Campus, East Campus and Providence Children’s Hospital.