The Hospitals of Providence Unveils $20 Million Expansion Project in East El PasoJun 29, 2022
EL PASO, Texas — On Wednesday, The Hospitals of Providence East Campus unveiled their recent $20 million investment project in East El Paso to expand needed services to the fast-growing area. The celebration was held in their new Progressive Care Unit with a ceremonious ribbon cutting celebration.
This latest expansion project will significantly expand capacity in several areas of the East Campus hospital. This expansion includes:
- An additional 30-beds for Intensive Care Unit Step Down
- A third Catheterization Lab equipped with biplane technology
- An additional 6-beds to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Private area and triage rooms for Obstetrics Emergency Services
- An additional operating room within Women’s Services to expand obstetric care
This expansion of services will also allow East Campus to improve care for stroke patients, strengthen care for women and children, expand surgical services, and expand trauma services for the East El Paso community.
“This is a really exciting time for our hospital, our community and the patients that we serve – this expansion not only provides additional bed capacity but also provides state-of-the-art technology,” said Tasha Hopper, Chief Executive Officer for The Hospitals of Providence East Campus. “Since we opened our East Campus in 2008, our hospital has more than doubled in size – as our community grows, we are committed to growing with it to ensure needed services are readily available to care for our neighbors, friends and families.”