Hospice… is about the way you live: Exceptional care at The Hospitals of Providence La Mariposa Hospice
- Advanced methods of managing pain and symptoms to help patients find emotional and physical comfort in their final days
- Compassionate nurses, physicians and caregivers available around the clock
- Support services such as dietary guidance, physical therapy and spiritual counseling
- Emotional support for friends and family members, during a challenging and emotional time
- Treasured Moments Perinatal Program
The Hospitals of Providence offer advanced hospice services delivered by compassionate caregivers who help patients and their loved ones find comfort. Our high-quality care is lead by a team of experienced physicians, skilled nurses and specially trained hospice volunteers.
In addition to providing exceptional medical care and pain management services, our team offers a number of support services, including dietary guidance, physical therapy, spiritual counseling and more.
Description of our Services
- Physician-directed care – Doctors and nurses collaborate to treat symptoms associate with terminal illness by making patient comfort a priority
- In-house and in-patient healthcare coordinated by registered nurses – There is a registered nurse available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If eligible for inpatient level of care, La Mariposa Hospice uses the Memorial Campus, Sierra Campus and East Campus for those services of care
- Medical Social Services – La Mariposa Hospice social workers assess the psychosocial and social needs of the patient and family. They provide support and counseling to help individuals cope with terminal illness, death and bereavement.
- Registered nurse-supervised home health aides – Our home health aides have experience in providing care for critically and terminally ill patients and can assist with personal care needs.
- Specially trained hospice volunteers – Our volunteers can provide companionship, emotional support and other special help such as reading to the patient, running errands, or sitting with the patient to give the family a little time away.
- Bereavement counseling – Our bereavement services are provided for one year. Helps grieving families adjust to life without their loved ones through telephone, correspondence and/or personal visits.
- Chaplaincy services for spiritual support – Our chaplaincy services can coordinate spiritual care with your priest, pastor or rabbi upon request.
- Physical, Speech, Occupational Therapy services
- Medications, medical supplies, and durable medical equipment, such as oxygen, hospital bed, wheelchair, walker, etc.
- Assistance in utilizing community resources – Our social workers assist with referrals to community resources.