Expert orthopedic hip care, conveniently located near you
- We offer advanced robotic and minimally invasive hip replacement surgery
- Range of non-surgical options, including medication, physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Team of physicians and nurses who specialize in orthopedic care
A hip injury or fracture, whether caused by a degenerative joint disease such as osteoarthritis or by trauma, can be painful and debilitating. When non-surgical treatments don’t offer relief, your doctor may recommend a hip replacement.
The Hospitals of Providence offer a number of advanced procedures in hip replacement surgery.
To determine whether hip replacement surgery is right for you, you have access to a team of orthopedic surgeons, therapists and pain specialists as well as advanced imaging centers to determine your diagnosis and the optimal course of treatment. After surgery, you have convenient, local access to our rehabilitation centers to get you back to an active life.
If you’re experiencing hip pain or need hip surgery, you don’t have to make the journey alone. In addition to your care team, we have Orthopedic Navigators on staff who will guide you through the entire treatment process, from pre-education and testing to post-treatment, rehabilitation and insurance assistance.
Are you a candidate for hip replacement surgery?
The most common reasons for hip replacement surgery are:
- Osteoarthritis, a loss of joint cartilage that limits movement, causes pain and inhibits daily activity
- Other forms of arthritis, such as rheumatoid arthritis and arthritis that results from a hip injury
- Damage to the hip such as a hip fracture
Additional treatments such as medication, physical therapy and cortisone injections are often prescribed before deciding surgery is necessary.
Ready to start your path to pain relief? Call 915-577-8467 (THOP) to find an orthopedic specialist in your area or use the links below to learn more.