Comprehensive Heart Care, Close to Home
If you or your loved one are battling with a heart condition, such as high blood pressure, coronary heart disease, angina or atherosclerosis, getting safe care from an accredited chest pain center may help you manage your life better or even restore your
heart to its healthiest state. The Hospitals of Providence offer innovative care delivered by heart specialists who work together to treat various heart conditions.
Why Choose The Hospitals of Providence?
The Hospitals of Providence Sierra Campus was one of the first 10 hospitals in the nation and is the only hospital in El Paso to receive the HeartCARE designation from the ACC for its consistency in providing high quality cardiovascular care. Also, we
are proud to have the following:
- An accredited chest pain center
- Advanced cardiac catheterization labs
- A congested heart pain program that includes telephone monitoring
Our Team Approach
Our comprehensive heart care is focused on a team approach, which means when you choose The Hospitals of Providence, you will work closely with a dedicated group of cardiologists in El Paso, cardiovascular surgeons, nurses and support staff.
Regardless of your diagnosis or treatment plan, you will receive individualized attention from each member of your heart team. They will carefully explain your treatment options based on your condition and keep you as comfortable as possible. With quality
services and a team of experts in our advanced facilities, you and your heart will be in good hands.
What Is a Cardiologist?
A cardiologist is a doctor who has spent at least 10 years of education and clinical training to be able to specialize in the diagnosis, treatment and the prevention various conditions related to the heart, veins and arteries. This type of physician has
also passed a cardiology exam given by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM).
Why Is Cardiovascular Health Important?
Heart disease is still the number one cause of death for people in the United States, regardless of gender, race and ethnicity. In fact, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention states that one person dies from a cardiovascular disease every 36
seconds. Therefore, it is essential to do what you can to help protect your heart health, such as regularly seeing a cardiologist in El Paso, eating a heart-healthy diet, doing cardiovascular exercises and more.
When Is It Time to See a Cardiologist?
Aside from annual heart check-ups, please see a cardiologist as soon as you experience symptoms of a heart condition, such as the following:
- Back pain
- Chest pain
- Cold sweats
- Jaw pain
- Shortness of breath
We also recommend that you schedule a visit with a cardiologist if you are at a higher risk for a heart condition, whether it’s because of your lifestyle or a pre-existing condition. The risk factors may include any of the following:
- Clinical depression
- Diabetes or insulin resistance
- Eating unhealthy food most of the time
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Family history of heart disease
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Physical inactivity
- Too much stress
The Award-Winning Care
We are proud and grateful that our hospitals and our heart programs have received recognitions from the American Heart Association (AHA) and the ACC. These recognitions include the following:
- 2021 HeartCARE National Designation of Excellence – ACC
- 2020 HeartCARE National Designation of Excellence – ACC
- 2019 HeartCARE National Designation of Excellence – ACC
- 2021 Chest Pain – MI Registry Performance Achievement Awards – ACC
- 2020 Chest Pain with Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention by American College of Cardiology
- 2019 Get with the Guidelines – Heart Failure Gold Plus Achievement Award from The AHA (Only hospital in El Paso to obtain this designation)
- 2018 Cardiac Catheterization Lab Accreditation with PCI by the ACC (Only hospital in El Paso and in the Region to receive this designation)
- 2017 Chest Pain with Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention by the ACC
- 2017 Heart Failure Accreditation by the ACC
- 2017 Quality Achievement Award – Lifeline STEMI Receiving Center – Silver Plus from the AHA
- 2017 Get with the Guidelines – Heart Failure Gold Plus Achievement Award from the AHA
- 2016 Get with the Guidelines Heart Failure Silver Plus Achievement Award from the AHA
- 2017 Chest Pain Certification Accreditation from The Joint Commission
- 2017 Get With The Guidelines-Heart Failure GOLD PLUS from the AHA
- 2016 NCDR Action Registry GWTG Platinum Performance Achievement Award from the ACC
- 2016 Get With The Guidelines-Heart Failure GOLD PLUS from the AHA