Moving Health Forward for the El Paso Community
We’ve been taking care of El Paso since the first Providence Hospital opened in 1902 — and we haven’t looked back. At The Hospitals of Providence, we consider ourselves part of the
fabric of the city. We are 5,300 employees strong partnering with 900+ physicians to move health forward for the entire community. From East, West and Central El Paso to Southern New Mexico and West Texas, we’ve got the healthcare needs of the entire
region well covered. Our area hospitals are regional destinations for high-quality care, with offerings that include world-class surgery, heart care, orthopedics, neurology, pediatrics and women’s health, just to name a few.
Innovation Comes First
Since our inception, The Hospitals of Providence have been a leading force in local innovation with many healthcare firsts, including:
- First robotic single-site surgical procedure through da Vinci®
- First minimally invasive MAKOplasty joint replacement
- First heart procedure using the advanced Magellan system
- First state-of-the-art 3D mammography
- First Military Liaison program
- First Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement performed to civilian population
- First Watchman procedure performed
- First Acessa procedure performed
As part of our focus on quality, The Hospitals of Providence recently launched a significant investment in service line expansions, technological advancements, aesthetic remodeling and online tools to enhance the patient experience.